June 17-25, 2016 (9 days)
This nine day educational field study will focus on contemporary issues in Belizean education and the way specific schools work within their communities. Throughout the trip, participants will work with students, teachers and school leaders to learn how Belizean heritage is embedded into the school experience. In addition, there will be various opportunities for exploration including a zip-line tour in the jungle, Saturday market, exploring the Mayan ruins in Caracol, visiting the Belize Zoo, sailing and snorkeling in the Barrier Reef, and a free day of exploration on the island of Caye Caulker. Join us as we discover the natural beauty and adventure of this amazing country!
Air Travel Information:
- YOU WILL NEED A CURRENT PASSPORT!!
- Flying INTO Belize: Arrange to meet at the Belize Airport (BZE) at 3:00 pm on Friday, June 17, 2016.
- Flying OUT of Belize: Please do NOT book flights out of Belize City before 11:00 am on June 25, 2016. You need time to travel from the island of Caye Caulker to the Belize airport.
Deposits & Payments:
- Field Study Cost is $2,400! This price does NOT include airfare to and from Belize.
- First deposit of $1,000 is due February 7, 2016.
- Final Payment of $1,400 is due April 10, 2016.
Please contact Yliana Villegas or Kelly Cross with questions: