June 15-22, 2018 (8 days)
This eight day educational field study will focus on contemporary issues in Belizean education and the way specific schools work within their communities. We will visit schools in the interior of Belize and Ocean Academy High School on the beautiful island of Caye Caulker. Throughout the field study we will form relationships with teachers, principals, students, and community educators, and participate in service learning and professional development activities.
Belizean educators will share the successes and challenges common to Belizean schools, as well as those unique to different communities. School philosophies, teaching experiences, pedagogy, and curriculum will be subjects of inquiry. Throughout the trip, we will have opportunities to learn how Belizean heritage and culturally-specific knowledge is embedded into the school experience. We will also enjoy the natural beauty (art, music, toucans and iguanas) of this amazing country!
Air Travel Information:
- YOU WILL NEED A CURRENT PASSPORT!!
Deposits & Payments:
- Field Study Cost is $2,300! This price does NOT include airfare to and from Belize.
- First deposit of $300 is due at time of registration.
- Second deposit of $1,000 is due February 5, 2018.
- Final Payment of $1,000 is due April 2, 2018.
Please contact Kimberly Barnes with questions:
- Kimberly Barnes at email@example.com