The Improvement Support to States project is a partnership between the Boise State University Center for School Improvement & Policy Studies and the Center on Innovation and Improvement, a National Content Center funded by the U.S. Department of Education, and housed at the Academic Development Institute.
The Improvement Support to States project works in collaboration with partners in the Content and Regional Centers network, State Departments of Education, and other educational improvement partners to foster a cohesive system of support for delivering requested technical assistance.
This project provides organization and implementation of ongoing support for the Indistar improvement planning tool as well as oversight of training efforts related to state, district, and school improvement including:
- technical assistance related to Statewide Systems of Support.
- assisting with the identification of client needs and matching with available support structures.
- facilitation of collaboration meetings for identified participants using the Indistar system, or in need of additional improvement support.
- supporting of the work of data collection and analysis to further the efforts of effective educational reform.
- continued development of Indistar planning and implementation tools.
This project also works to support continuous efforts to identify future projects that will positively impact the improvement of education at all levels.
The Academic Development Institute (ADI) works with families, schools, and communities so that all children may become self-directed learners, avid readers, and responsible citizens, respecting themselves and those around them. ADI’s vision is of an American landscape filled with distinct school communities reflecting the hopes and dreams of the people intimately attached to them.
The Center on Innovation and Improvement (CII) is a National Content Center that supports regional centers in their work with states to provide districts, schools, and families with the opportunity, information, and skills to make wise decisions on behalf of students. The Center on Innovation and Improvement is administered by the Academic Development Institute in collaboration with its partners, the Temple University Institute for Schools and Society, Little Planet Learning, and Boise State University Center for School Improvement and Policy Studies.