Resources: Comprehensive Assessment Plan
For an introduction to the Idaho Reading Indicator, or IRI, click here.
For FAQ's about ITBS Administration, click here.
|Assessment||Time Frame||Students Assessed||Main Purposes||Examples
|Screening / Benchmark||Beginning of School Year||All Students|
- Determines risk status
- Determines who needs diagnostic assessment
- Helps teachers identify which students need intervention.
|IRI / AIMSweb Benchmarks
|Diagnostic||As Needed||Selected Students (when more information is needed for program planning)|
- Determines instructional groups.
- Helps plan instruction.
- Helps teachers differentiate instruction based upon identified instructional needs.
- Helps teachers define the type of intervention needed.
|CORE Phonics Survey
Woodcock Johnson Diagnostic Battery
|Progress Monitoring||Determined by Risk Status||All Students|
- Determines if students are making adequate progress with current instruction.
- Helps to identify if instructional treatments are working for groups and/or individuals.
- Informs targeted group action plans.
|AIMSweb Progress Monitoring Probes
DIBELS Progress Monitoring Probes
|Outcome||End of School Year||All Students|
- Gives school leaders and teachers feedback about the overall effectiveness of their reading program.
- Informs schoolwide action plans.