Since 1985, Boise State’s Summer Academy has offered fun and challenging all-day academic/adventure day camps for students entering grades 2-9. Programs are developed and facilitated by the Center for School Improvement & Policy Studies in the College of Education at Boise State University.
Summer 2019 Program
- Boise State University, Main Campus
- 8:30AM – 5:00PM (supervised drop-off 7:30AM/pick-up 5:30PM)
- Monday – Friday, June 10 – July 26 (except 1st week of July)
- Affordable tuition, with 1- to 6-week registration options
- Discounts for returners, siblings, and Boise State guardians
- Low income / financial hardship scholarships (by application)
June 10-14, Astronomers
June 17-21, Storytellers
June 24-28, Olympians
July 8-12, Makers
July 15-19, Zoologists
July 22-26, Leaders
- Online registration closes June 7 (or when we reach capacity). Space is limited, so register early.
- Regular Tuition Rates (includes $50 registration fee).
- 1 week = $225 ($45 per day)
- 2 weeks = $400 ($40 per day)
- 3 weeks = $600 ($40 per day)
- 4 weeks = $700 ($35 per day)
- 5 weeks = $875 ($35 per day)
- 6 weeks = $1050 ($35 per day)
- Discounts may be combined, not to exceed 20% off (total)
- Returners – 10% off per child
- Siblings – 10% off per child
- Boise State students/staff – 10% off per child
- Daily tuition is $60 (plus a one-time $50 registration fee), and may be restricted by capacity.
- Low income / financial hardship? Please apply for a need-based scholarship by April 15.
Moving & Thinking Program
For Children Entering Grades 2-6
Engage in a fun, active learning curriculum, led by certified classroom teachers and college students. Features games and activities in math, physical education, arts, coding, and science.
- Patterns & Sequences
- Number Systems
- Prime Numbers
- Mathematical Games
- Math Modeling
- Invented Games
- Neighborhood Games
- Net Games
- Flying Disc Games
- Obstacle Courses
- Visual programming
- Gamified coding
- Code puzzles
- 3-D printing
Arts & Service
- River clean-up
- School improvements
- STEM outreach
- College readiness
Bicycle Adventure Program
For Children Entering Grades 7-9
Embark on daily bicycle explorations of the outdoors, local recreation and educational opportunities, and community service. Features life skills such as teamwork, friendship, goals, and character.
- Biking: students use their own bicycle every day for transportation to each of their activity locations.
- Volunteer projects
- Environmental awareness
- Safety Training
- Ropes Course
- PAL Raft Along
- Ice Skating
We believe young people benefit most from productive, creative play, especially in the summer. By solving puzzles, inventing and participating in games, and integrating engaging academics with physical activity, the Summer Academy helps young people build the experience, confidence, and interests needed to stay active and successful in school and beyond.
In Remembrance of our Founder
Scott Willison (1959-2016) started the Summer Academy in partnership with the Center for School Improvement and Policy Studies in 1985. His energy, creativity, and love for kids were instrumental in designing a fun summer program where kids could build meaningful relationships and have fun learning while in the great outdoors. Scott was all heart and will always be missed.