Skip to Main Content
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you pro-rate tuition if my child is unable to attend a portion of the camp?
- No. The Summer Academy program does not offer a reduced rate if a child misses a portion of the program. However, parents may excuse their child from attending due to a family vacation, emergency, illness, other activities, etc. To excuse a child, the parent notifies the lead teacher.
Where is the Summer Academy held?
- Students begin each day at Foothills School of Arts and Sciences, located at 618 South Eighth Street in Boise. When students arrive, they will be directed to classrooms for morning activities. Elementary Academy students will then walk from Foothills School of Arts and Sciences to the Boise State campus for swimming lessons and computer classes. Middle-Level Adventure Program students use their bikes as a main mode of transportation, and are away from the Foothills School of Arts and Sciences and Boise State campus for most of each day.
What are the age requirements for the Elementary Academy and Middle-Level Adventure Program?
- Students in grades 2-6 qualify for the Elementary Academy. Current first graders can enroll in the Elementary Academy.
- Students in grades 7-9 qualify for the Middle-Level Adventure Program. Current sixth graders qualify for the Middle-Level Adventure Program, but those entering 10th grade next year do not qualify for the program.
What is the teacher/student ratio for the Summer Academy?
- The Elementary Academy is approximately 9 students to 1 staff member. The Middle-Level Adventure Program is approximately 7 students to 1 staff member.
What does a typical daily schedule look like?
- Students arrive at the Foothills School of Arts and Sciences between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. Elementary Academy students engage in curriculum activities in the morning, walk to the park for lunch, and proceed to Boise State for swimming lessons and computer classes, as well as outdoor activities and/or field trips in the afternoon. Middle-Level Adventure Program students have instruction time in the morning, followed by activities such as volunteering, rock-climbing, outdoor activity, swimming, field trips, etc. Students are to be picked from the Foothills School of Arts and Sciences between 5:00 and 5:30 p.m.
Do you provide my child with lunch and/or snacks?
- We do not provide lunch, but will provide healthy afternoon snacks.
How can I contact the Summer Academy lead-teachers during the day?
- Each lead teacher carries a cell phone for this purpose. Phone numbers are provided to parents at the parent information meeting before camp begins.
Who may I contact for more information?